RS Hunter Limited (“RS Hunter”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring that you continue to trust RS Hunter with your personal data. When you interact with us, you may share personal information with us which allows identification of you as an individual (e.g. name, email address, address, telephone number). This is known as “personal data”.
This notice (Privacy Notice) sets out:
1. Scope and acceptance
2. Personal data collected by RS Hunter
3. Children’s personal data
4. Why RS Hunter collects personal data and how it uses it
5. Sharing of personal data by RS Hunter
6. Your rights
7. Data security and retention
8. How to contact us
1. Scope and Acceptance of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that we collect about you for the purposes of providing you with the products and services we offer.
By using RS Hunter website, mobile applications, text messaging programs or through RS Hunter branded pages or applications on third party social networks (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.) (RS Hunter Sites) or by giving us your personal data, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not use RS Hunter Sites or give us any personal data.
RS Hunter reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Notice to make sure you are aware of any changes and how your personal data may be used.
2. Data Collected by RS Hunter
RS Hunter may collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, including through:
• Online and electronic interactions with us, including via RS Hunter Sites;
• Offline interactions with us, including via direct marketing campaigns, hard copy registration cards and competition entries; and
• Your interaction with online targeted content (such as advertisements) that RS Hunter, or service providers on our behalf, provide to you via third party websites or applications.
2.1 Data that you provide to us directly
This is data that you provide to us with your consent for a specified purpose, including:
• Personal contact information, including any information allowing RS Hunter to contact you in person (e.g. name, home or (e)mail address, and phone number);
• Demographic information, including date of birth, age, gender, location (e.g. city and state and geo-location),
• Payment information, including to make purchases (e.g. credit card number, expiration date, billing address);
• Account login information, including any information that is required for you to establish an account with RS Hunter (e.g. login ID/email, user name, password and security question/answer);
• Consumer feedback, including information that you share with RS Hunter about your experience in using RS Hunter products and services (e.g. your comments and suggestions, testimonials and other feedback related to RS Hunter products and services); and
• Consumer-generated content, including any content (e.g. photos, videos and personal stories) that you create and then share with RS Hunter (and perhaps others) by uploading it to an RS Hunter Site.
2.2 Data that we collect when you interact with RS Hunter Sites
2.3 Data collected from other sources
We may collect information about you from other legitimate sources for the purpose of providing you with our products and services. Such sources include third party data aggregators, RS Hunter promotional partners, public sources and third party social networking sites. Such information may include:
• personal contact information; and
• any personal data that is part of your profile on a third party social network (e.g. Facebook) and that you allow that third party social network to share with us (e.g. name, email address, gender, birthday, city, profile picture, user ID, friend list). You can learn more about the data that we may obtain about you by visiting the website of the relevant third party social network.
We may also receive personal data about individuals when we acquire other companies.
3. Children’s Personal Data
RS Hunter does not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children below the age of 12. If RS Hunter discovers that it has accidentally collected personal data from a child below 12, it will remove that child’s personal data from its records as soon as reasonably possible.
4. Why RS Hunter Collects Personal Data and How it is Used
RS Hunter collects and uses personal data only as necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained. RS Hunter may use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
• Consumer service – to provide you with consumer service, including responses to your inquiries, complaints and general feedback about our products and services. Consumer service may be provided through various forms of communication, including via email, letter, telephone and online chat features.
• Consumer engagement – to get you more actively engaged with our products and services. This may involve the use or publication of consumer-generated content.
• Personalisation – RS Hunter may combine personal data about you collected from one source (e.g. a website) with data collected from another source (e.g. an offline event). This provides RS Hunter with a more complete view of you as a consumer, which, in turn, allows RS Hunter to serve you better and with greater personalisation, including in respect of the following:
o Websites – to improve and personalise your experience on websites, using data such as account login information, technical computer information, and/or previous website usage information;
o Products – to improve RS Hunter’s products, tailor them to your needs and come up with new product ideas. This includes the use of demographic information, consumer profiling information and consumer feedback; and
o Interest-based advertising – to serve you advertisements tailored to your interests. One way RS Hunter does this is to match activities or information collected on RS Hunter Sites with data collected about you on third party sites (i.e. data-matching). This type of advertising is also known as “online behavioural advertising” or “targeted advertising”. Such personalisation is typically performed via cookies or similar technologies.
• Marketing communications – to provide you with marketing communications where you have opted-in to receiving such communications (including information about RS Hunter, its products and services, competitions and promotions). These can be shared via electronic means (e.g. SMS, emails and online advertising) and via post.
• Social features – to offer you a number of social features, including the following:
o Third party social networking – RS Hunter may use your personal data from when you interact with third party social networking features such as “Facebook Connect” or “Facebook Like”. These features may be integrated on RS Hunter Sites including for purposes such as running contests and allowing you to share content with friends. If you use these features, RS Hunter may have the ability to obtain certain personal data about you from your social networking information. You can learn more about how these features work, and the profile data RS Hunter may obtain about you, by visiting the website of the relevant third party social network.
o Other specific purposes – We may use your personal data for other specific business purposes, including to maintain the day-to-day operation and security of RS Hunter Sites, to conduct demographic studies or audits, and to contact you for consumer research.
5. Sharing of Personal Data by RS Hunter
RS Hunter does not share your personal data with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless you have provided specific consent in relation to this.
RS Hunter may share your personal data with third parties for other purposes, but only in the following circumstances:
RS Hunter may provide your personal data to its affiliates or related companies for legitimate business purposes.
5.2 Legal requirements and business transfer
RS Hunter may disclose your personal data if it is required to do so by law or if, in RS Hunter’s good faith judgment, such legal disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes or respond to any claims.
In the event of a full or partial merger with, or acquisition of all or part of RS Hunter by another company, the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by that RS Hunter business, which could include personal data.
6. Your Rights
6.1 Right to opt-out of marketing communications
You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications about RS Hunter and can do so by:
a. following the instructions for opt-out in the relevant marketing communication; or
b. if you have an account with RS Hunter, you may have the option to change your opt-in/opt-out preferences under the relevant edit-account section of the account; or
7. Data Security and Retention
7.1 Data security
In order to keep your personal data secure, RS Hunter has implemented a number of security measures, including:
• Secure operating environments – RS Hunter stores your data in secure operating environments and only accessible to RS Hunter employees, agents and contractors on a need-to-know basis. RS Hunter also follows generally accepted industry standards in this respect.
• Prior authentication for account access – RS Hunter requires its registered clients to verify their identity (e.g. login ID and password) before they can access or make changes to their account. This is aimed to prevent unauthorized accesses.
RS Hunter will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the stated purpose, taking into account also our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services, and comply with legal requirements under applicable laws.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
8. Contact Us
RS Hunter acts as “data controller” for the personal data it processes in the framework of this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or RS Hunter’s personal data collection practices, please contact us online, or in writing to RS Hunter Limited, No. 6 Aderibigbe Shitta Street, Maryland, Lagos, Nigeria.